1. Reminder- Bring money or lunch for tomorrow’s field trip
2. Finish the Digging vs. Sundays Chart, Write your original poem (based on the value of hard work), Record Unit 16 word- this is all due FRIDAY
1. Complete the Whitman Values chart
2. Write your original poem based on one of Whitman’s values (you are handing this in).
Juniors- Read and annotate “I Hear America Singing” and “When I Heard the Learned Astronomer”
Complete the TPCASTT process for “Those Winter Sundays” and write an analytical assertion on this poem (your assertion may be about anything you notice- for example a theme, use of device etc.)
Sophomores- 1. Define Poetry Terms 2. Pronoun Errors
Juniors- Read and annotate “Song of Myself” on pages 146-147. Be sure that you have the poetry terms on page 140-141 defined (this was a previous homework assignment).
1. Read and annotate the Alaska Dispatch article.
2. Your Walden extra credit is due Monday, 4/28- it will NOT be accepted after that
Sophomores- Your Creative Projects are due Monday, 4/28
Sophomores- Bring in materials to work on your Creative Projects tomorrow.
Juniors- Read Into the Wild chapter 17 (this includes period 7!)
Sophomores- Prep for tomorrow’s Socratic Seminar
1. Finish the classwork if you didn’t (chapter 16 work and the manifesto)
2. Study for the Romanticism Test- it is Monday
1. Finish reading The Catcher in the Rye
2. Begin to prep for Tuesday’s Socratic Seminar
3. Write a proposal for the Creative Project- it must be typed, printed, and handed in on Monday.